You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher crashes repeatedly when saving

Publisher 1.10.4

Mac OS 10.14.6

MacBookPro9,2 (Mid 2012)

2,9 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

No external hardware connected.

No third party font manager. I've checked the fonts with the MacOS built-in font-manager App and there were no problems reported.

Problem:

I can no longer work on this file, because saving it causes Publisher to crash.

It happens regardless whether hardware acceleration is on or off.

I've made a screencapture, I can also upload the file.

In the process of composing this post it became worse, I've opened the file a few times in order to be able to describe what's happening. Now it crashes every time I try to save the file. At first it only crashed after I changed a heading of a certain type (see screencapture) on page 9 of the document.

I hope you can help me here. While I'm quite sure I have some recent earlier version of the file on backup, I'd still like to be able to work without crashes. Perhaps you can analyse the file and tell me what exactly it is that's causing the crashes. This way I could work on while you fix Publisher's behavior.

thanks

Hi @stokerg, thanks for the reply.

The description for locating the crash report doesn't seem to apply to my OS version. I'm on Mojave, 10.14.6

But I tried to find something anyway, but unsuccessfully. When I start Console.app, I get this:

1994590675_ConsoleApp.png.a6edf804ef6cf3706b2cd0d1625f1a97.png

I tried to find a crash report related to Publisher, but I don't think there is one. This is what I get under /Library/Logs/Crash Reporter. If any crash reports were created, there should be several with yesterday's timestamp, but there's only three:

241287407_ConsoleAppRootLibrary.png.58c6698e82a0f42942b578d2de9bfa45.png

And I looked into the user specific Library, ~/Library/Logs and only found something relating to mobile devices:

1669897614_ConsoleAppUserLibrary.png.ee3029199811372020f6dc53d1fa5b06.png

I'll gladly upload the offending afpub file, but where to? Or can I pm it to you?

Thanks again

Being ignored on a forum normally means that a stupid question was asked. Maybe I did.

Did I miss some FAQs? Is there any other way to get support? (I'm not aware of any)

Did I post too many screenshots?

I really DO need help with that crash-causing file.

Maybe I'm too stupid, maybe I'm behaving like a dick, please can someone tell me why I'm being ignored? Or better yet, actually help me and reply to my earlier posts?

Cheers.

Hopefully they will provide you with a proper way to upload the file to the support team. Maybe you could try to send an e-mail to “affinity@serif.com” or »AffinitySupport@serif.com»?

I have also some problems with Affinity Publisher crashing while trying to save a file. I had the file saved/located in the Affinity Publisher folder in the iCloud, but after I moved the file to my internal HD on my MBP, I haven't had any crashes so far while saving the work. I would prefer to have all my work stored at iCloud, but if it's crashing …?

Edit: Changed back to the iCloud location. Even if I saved the file on my internal HD, the file was eventually located to the iCloud due to the Optimized Storage option. 

Edited by edwardsson

2020 MacBook Pro 13” M1 | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2019 iPad Air 3 10.5” | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

»A determined man can do more with a rusty screwdriver than a lazy man with a whole toolbox»