You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ui Glitch on Screen

I don't have the ASUS sonic. Not sure what the solutions is. It just recently started happening. SEE VID ATTACHMENT

ASUS Sonic / ASUS GPU Tweak III / MSI Nahimic
Problem: User Interface elements can disappear or appear stretched
Cause: ASUS Sonic / ASUS GPU Tweak III / MSI Nahimic interferes with Direct3D9 renderering.
Detection: Check if Nahimic is running as an active Windows Service. Kill the service and see if the problem temporarily stops
Solution: Start the application with --no-hw-ui flag, or stop the software (this won't affect the driver or functionality of the sound card)
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/49247-16089-issues-tabs-vanishing/&do=findComment&comment=249809
User Provided solution (not verified by our developers): https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/147155-ui-elements-disappearing-on-hover-publisher-19-110/&do=findComment&comment=822640

Edited by SirLanceAlot

Hello @SirLanceAlot and welcome to the forums.

In Designer navigate to Preferences -> Performance and untick hardware acceleration.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

3 hours ago, SirLanceAlot said:

I don't have the ASUS sonic.

You should also check which Windows Services are running. Nahimic may show up there.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Walt I disabled the Nahimic Services. Nothing changed. 

Disable Nahimic Service to fix high CPU and RAM problem
  1. Press Windows + R to open Run dialog, type "services. msc" and press Enter.
  2. Look for "Nahimic service" or anything related to "Nahimic". ...
  3. Right-click it and select Properties.
  4. In the Nahimic Service Properties window, select Disabled in Startup type.

1 hour ago, SirLanceAlot said:

Walt I disabled the Nahimic Services.

Glad to hear it's working. Without the Windows Restart you would also need to Stop the service, I think, not just Disable it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1