You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.10.3.1)

• Staff

Purpose: Features, Improvements, Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: Download

Auto-update: Not available

Hello,

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

This beta is an incremental update to the 1.10.1 version recently released to all customers (although it still installs parallel to the released version, as described above). We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the store version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

Thanks again for your continued support!

Many thanks!

Matt

Special Note: Yes, I know we haven't released 1.10.2 yet - so why the change to 1.10.3 all of a sudden? Well, quite simply, we were forced to update the iOS version just after our 1.10.2 release due to a late-breaking change to iOS 15.0.2 which introduced serious stability problems with the layers panel. We'd like all the software to be at the same version, so we're moving to 1.10.3 for this release to match it.

Changes This Time

- Optimised for new ProMotion 120hz screen, M1 Pro and M1 Max
- Architecture changes when Metal compute acceleration is enabled in order to better support M1 Pro and M1 Max

I am on an M1 (not Pro or Max) - will this beta do anything for me?

Also, I just noticed a bug in the beta vs the latest MAS version. Please see attached file. Notice that if you open in the MAS version the SVG file loads perfectly. But notice that if you load in this beta, the ying/yang symbol doesn't render well (border thickness) and the leg of that unspeakable symbol is missing an arm (better that way, but still..)Religious symbols.svg

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.