You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Deciding between Affinity and Acdsee

Affinity Photo is not a DAM - it also does not support batch operations (yet). For now, I'd recommend you choose Acdsee.

I have to say, its really cool to see a staff member give an honest answer that goes against their financial interest. 

Beyond that, you do have the option of free trials of both affinity and ACDSee. I would strongly recommend that. Additionally I can say that I have both affinity products and love them dearly, they are awesome as well as the dev team who are incredibly helpful and responsive in these forums. Finally while Affinity Photo is not a DAM, the affinity team has told us that they will be doing a DAM with more details coming in 2016, that said dont expect it to be here for at least 1-2 years in my estimate as publisher is scheduled before it as well as ongoing dev of AD and AP. I am using apple photos in the interim. hope this helps

1-2 years?

The other apps were scheduled about half a year each after the other... And I really hope the DAM is no exception from that.

Im just going off the fact that the publisher beta is currently expected end of 2016. I too hope the DAM is sooner. I want it badly, honestly more than publisher as I am not in that business, although I might pick it up for resumes and a couple other things like that.

OK Goolge just told me what a DAM is. lol I'm not looking for a Dam. What I want is a raw editor. A batch resizer and Maybe I should go with elements.  I did the trial version of both affinity and acdsee but I really did not have time to check them out thoroughly and 30 day when by quick.