You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer 1.10.1 "Quit Unexpectedly" while doing nothing in particular

Tearlach

This is the 3rd such compete wipe-out. It begins with a spinning rainbow wheel of doom, which can last (intermittently with the arrow cursor) for a few seconds to a few minutes before the app quits. Unlike the Windows crashes, this is not a 'hang' (Not Responding). It's a full blown crash that notifies the OS.

Sometimes the recovery file is OK. Previous crash, opening the recovery file on re-launch caused another crash (which subsequently lost the recovery file - or perhaps intentionally flushed it to prevent a 3rd crash?).

This last one, the recovery file was OK. It stumbled opening it (rainbow beach-ball), but then settled down and has not crashed again. At the time I had been trying to re-map a command-key, but I couldn't find the command. I closed the Preferences pane and was doing nothing specific (scrolling, I think, or typing in the "help" menu) when the hang began... which became a crash.

Up to date release version. Up to date MacOS. New M1 MacBook Air.  16GB RAM. 1TB SSD. Crash report attached.

(mistakenly posted the 1st Designer Crash at the end of my other thread on a Photo Crash, but I didn't want to double post. Sorry 'bout that.   That thread is here: )

I don't have data from the 2nd crash, apologies.

Affinity Designer_2021-09-07-104823_MacBook-Air.crash

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Tearlach,

Thanks for the crash log. Unfortunately I can't see what might be causing the crash, except for something getting stuck in a loop. However I'll get it passed over to development to look at.

In the meantime if you do find you're able to reproduce the crash and know the exact steps then please don't hesitate to create a thread with the steps, a video showing the steps you're taking and attach any files that you're using to reproduce the crash.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...