You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to make the texture of the brush less visible?

I bought a set of brushes. They work great in Photoshop and procreate. But in affinity, these are just awful textures instead of brushes. Plus all brushes should paint with a pressure-dependent opacity. In affinity, for some reason, brushes are painted with a size depending on the pressure. There are more than 3000 brushes. Is there any setting so that I can use them? Because I would be offended to spend over $ 300 on brushes that don't work in affinity.

The first screenshot shows how the brush should work, and the second how it works in affinity

IMG_9138.png

IMG_9137.png

If you have questions you should ask in the Affinity on iPad Questions forum, not in the Feedback forum.

A moderator can move this for you when they notice it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi @Julia04,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Although Affinity applications can import Photoshop brushes (.ABR) we unfortunately don't support all the same properties that are used in other applications and therefore certain brushes may appear differently when imported.

On 8/22/2021 at 4:35 AM, Julia04 said:

Plus all brushes should paint with a pressure-dependent opacity. In affinity, for some reason, brushes are painted with a size depending on the pressure.

For example, Affinity does not have an 'Opacity' option to set to pressure, there are workarounds to achieve this within Affinity, but the brushes will default to pressure = size when we cannot import the pressure = opacity setting.

On 8/22/2021 at 4:35 AM, Julia04 said:

There are more than 3000 brushes. Is there any setting so that I can use them? Because I would be offended to spend over $ 300 on brushes that don't work in affinity.

Unfortunately for the above reasons, we can only guarantee complete compatibility with Affinity brushes in the Affinity apps. We're still working to continue to improve our brush importer, especially as more features are added - however I suspect the brush kit you have purchased uses features that aren't available in Affinity and therefore isn't compatible at this time, my apologies.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

@Dan C thanks for the answer! I'm sorry the brushes won't be able to customize, but I'm very happy to hear that you are working on importing brushes and improving the overall performance of the brushes. I love affinity and knowing that in the future I will be able to use the brushes I need, I can wait