You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Graphical issues in whole Affinity suite UI

Hey mates, 

i have a problem with the Affinity suite (Designer, Photo, Publisher). There are graphical issues (as seen in the video) and i tried a lot to fix it. unfortunately without success...
Also some UI elements disappear when hovering over them (e.g. the "File-Edit"-Header menu).

I have not yet found such a problem here in the forum.

I have these errors since version 1.9.
Installed is the latest version 1.10 (same problem).

PC components:
- AMD Ryzen 5 3600
- Gigabyte RTX2060 Super 8GB with latest nvidia Studio driver.
- 64 GB DDR 4 RAM

Windows is also up to date with 21H1 (Build 19043.1165).

This kind of errors I have unfortunately only in the Affinity suite with which I work very much. A reinstallation has unfortunately brought nothing.

Does anyone have any idea how these errors can come about? I'm running out of ideas....

graphical_issues.mov

Edited by TimoJo

Maybe you have installed one of the third-party apps they listed here:

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

On 8/14/2021 at 6:39 PM, Komatös said:

Maybe you have installed one of the third-party apps they listed here:

thank you for the answer.
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the problem is caused by any of the applications mentioned. I only installed the NVIDIA stuff from the list. Unfortunately, the result is the same if i do what is written there...

I forgot to mention: I have 3 displays on the rtx2060 super. If I remove 2 displays, it is also the same result.

Edited by TimoJo

Ok, then try in one of the Affinity Apps with deactivated hardware acceleration. If it helps then deactivate in the other two too.

You'll find the hardware acceleration under Edit --> Preferences --> Performance.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

14 minutes ago, TimoJo said:

also the same result 😐

It's not nice. What if you deactivate the Intel GPU in the device manager?  

If that doesn't help either, it could be that Windows system components are damaged.
To find out, you should run sfc,
This works like this: Right-click on the Windows Start menu button. Open CMD (Administrator). Type sfc /scannow and confirm with enter.

Edited by Komatös
Wrong CPU named.

On 8/16/2021 at 12:39 PM, Komatös said:

It's not nice. What if you deactivate the Intel GPU in the device manager?  

If that doesn't help either, it could be that Windows system components are damaged.
To find out, you should run sfc,
This works like this: Right-click on the Windows Start menu button. Open CMD (Administrator). Type sfc /scannow and confirm with enter.

seems to work! i didn't even consider sfc! that's what a forum is great for. others have different views. thanks a lot

Poorly not the solution...

6 minutes ago, TimoJo said:

Unfortunately, this was only a short-lived success. The error is back...

Your issues (from the video you provided) really do look like you have Nahimic running (from the third-party software problems list).

Please check again. You may need to look for it in Windows Services, as it may not show up as installed software. If you're not familiar with doing that, click the Windows Start button, type Services, and click on the Services app that will be at the top of the results list.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 4 months later...