You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 1.10.0 crashes on loading a document

I have downloaded the 1.10 versions of all three apps. Photo and Designer load existing files OK, but Publisher crashes soon after a file is loaded. The document I tried is small, four pages, with content on only two of these. The crash occurred without any action on my part. The crash log is:

[OpenCL] Not available

In Preferences > Performance, the enable Open CL compute accelleration box is unticked.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Me too. Just upgraded, restarted my computer (just in case) and opened Publisher (1.10.0.1127) It sits there happily if no document is opened. Bur open any .afpub files from previous version and it opens them and then crashes. NIGHTMARE!

I am putting in my .dmp crash reports (%APPDATA%\Affinity\Publisher\1.0\CrashReports\reports) and I don't know what else to do. Deadlines are now out of the window :(

480a9316-f9de-4f73-812d-ac2bd981c687.dmp abcbdacf-edcb-46d6-be04-633a888bca9f.dmp ae8f4faa-26b9-4ce0-9ac1-371406214c16.dmp

• Staff

Would it be possible for both of you to upload the documents you are trying to open here and I'll take a look

If you have a deadline then you can download the previous version here and use that until we can reproduce and fix what might be happening here

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

8 minutes ago, Jon P said:

Thanks for that, I can reproduce it and it's logged with us, unfortunately I can't really think of a workaround besides downgrading for the time being

OK. Will downgrade immediately. How would I ever know that it's time to upgrade again???

Thanks, @Jon P. I attach the .afpub file below.

I will uninstall 1.10 and re-install 1.9.2.

FOCWNews44 Autumn Winter 2021.afpub

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

I have just tried my publisher document with the new Publisher Beta 10.1.1135. It still crashes on opening the document.

I do note that my problem was not actually listed in the items fixed in this beta release.

John

• 1 month later...