You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Could anyone help me with how to put a business logo (for a container company) on the side of a container image - with the logo (Just 3 letters) running down the side of the container.  Skewing doesn't help... it needs to look as though it is getting smaller in the distance as it reaches the end of the long shipping container.   Thanks for any advice !!!

• Staff

Hi TonyW,

If you hold left click on the Mesh Warp Tool at the bottom left of the app (see screenshot) you should see the flyout menu appear. On this menu you have the option for the Perspective Tool. This tool should allow you to place the logo onto your container :)

C

post-12469-0-83186500-1446736487_thumb.png

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

Hi TonyW,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

That would be something that must be done with a perspective distortion tool which is not yet available in Designer. It is however planned for later (check out Affinity Designer's roadmap). If you don't need to keep the logo as vectors (on export) you may want to try the Live Perspective filter in Affinity Photo Customer Beta in case you have it installed. It's non-destructive, and it's able to distort the logo as you want.

Hi TonyW,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

That would be something that must be done with a perspective distortion tool which is not yet available in Designer. It is however planned for later (check out Affinity Designer's roadmap). If you don't need to keep the logo as vectors (on export) you may want to try the Live Perspective filter in Affinity Photo in case you have it. It's non-destructive, and it's able to distort the logo as you want.

I couldn't find any filter of that name?

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

Hi TonyW

mystrawberrymonkey posted a video called: "Affinity Photo Beta - How to place a logo and text in perspective". If you Google this you should find the Youtube video which addresses exactly what you want to do.

• 1 year later...