You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Inner shadows, drop shadow FX on text objects renders in a different color space?

I have a strange problem I hope someone can help me with.

I make a new document in CMYK  Iso Coated v2 300% (ECI). I add a text box enter a word and make the fill of the text a CMYK define global color. I export the document with to PDF (Press ready) default settings and a prefligt check results in a CMYK document.

I now add the Inner Shadow effects on the text (I change the shadow color to a predefined global color CMYK 100% black). I export the document with the same PDF settings, and preflight says the document contains RGB art work?

What happens? Is FX in AFfinity rendered in RGB and not CMYK? Is there something I am doing wrong?

Attached is the document. First page is with Inner Shadow FX and second pages is clean text.

Color space changes using FX.afpub

5 minutes ago, erchdk said:

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Exporting your document shows no RGB for me. Preflight in Acrobat shows only one colour space. So ... I don't know.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

1 minute ago, Joachim_L said:

Exporting your document shows no RGB for me. Preflight in Acrobat shows only one colour space. So ... I don't know.

Thanks for testing. Maybe it's the webste I am using. I have been trying to isolate the error warning on some graphics and I got a hit when I add the inner shadow effects it flags rgb content. I do not have the a "pro" pref filgt checker as they are pretty expensive...

14 minutes ago, Pauls said:

could be worth uploading the PDF you create and we can check that

Yes. Here is the two PDFs. File names self explanatory. I am in the process of preparing files for a card game, and using the manufacturers website for testing/pre fligthing. It's the file with inner shadow FX that gives me an error with RGB artwork. The pure text file goes through with no issues. And as described above, the only difference is the Inner Shadow FX on the text.

Pure text.pdf Text with inner shadow fx.pdf

Just now, Pauls said:

at first look it does appear to be cmyk only - which website and or PDF spec are you working to ?

As written above I export to PDF default press ready settings. I am testing layout, colors etc. on www.makemygame.com. They have a service where you can upload art work for different types of games. Mind that this is not the normal way of producing games, it's' for small production run prototypes but I am using it as we are preparing for a normal prodction and wanted to check a few things.

• Staff

the only thing I can see is that they dont want any profiles in the PDF and we always have the CMYK profile - although I would then expect that you would always get the warning. I think you may have to reach out to the company for some feedback

4 minutes ago, Pauls said:

the only thing I can see is that they dont want any profiles in the PDF and we always have the CMYK profile - although I would then expect that you would always get the warning. I think you may have to reach out to the company for some feedback

Thanks for investigating. Although I think the different results and feedback is puzzling. As written this is just for testing, and we are very soon going to have a cooperation with the prepress team, so I will eventually get to know what might be going on.