You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Canvas Resizing not Working

With some inagesm I cannot get the canvas size to work. Instead I get a reverse crop oa crop I have done peviously to the image.

Let's say I have an image that I have cropped to my liking. Now I rescale it to 5x3.75" @300 ppi. I resize the canvas to 6x4" for convenient printing of the image with a white border. However, resizing the canvas instead uncrops the image a bit. It does not revert the crop completely and it does not revert the image size (pixels by pixels), and the canvas size does not change. Happned to 2 out of my last 5 Images. I had another person try to rule out user error. Same result in 1.3.5 and 1.3.5.5. What gives?

The images in question have only one layer (Background). There is nothing to flatten, so that's not it.

You nention crops are non-destructive. I did not realize this. How does one undo the crop after saving a cropped image as .afphoto?

But you bring up another unrelated issue I find weird and confusing: In an image that has only one layer (Background), if I choose "merge visible" I get a new layer (Pixels). I find this utterly befuddling.  What is that all about?