You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can I Purchase Photo And Publisher Prior To Computer Arriving?

I currently have Photo and Publisher installed on my main Windows 10 computer as part of the 90 day free trial and am planning to purchase them by the end of the June 30, 2021 sale date.

I have just ordered a second Windows 10 computer for my daughter who is in a different city. I want to purchase Photo and Publisher for her before the June 30 sale end date as well, however her computer is not due to arrive until July 6, 2021. That obviously means she can’t download the Affinity software onto her new computer and purchase it that way until after the June 30 end date.

Is there a way that I can purchase the two packages for her in advance prior to her computer arriving and downloading them? If not, would I be able to download Photo and Publisher again but this time to one of my separate Windows 10 computers (different from my main computer), purchase the two packages on that computer then transferring those two licenses to her computer when it arrives? That would mean that I would have two different copies of both Photo and Publisher (paid for), one copy of each on my main computer and another copy of each on a separate computer (also of mine) for a period of about a week.

All of my downloads and purchases have been (and will be in the future) from the Affinity (Serif) website.

You should not purchase the software for her, as it will forever be tied to your email address and your account at the Affinity Store. She needs to make the purchase herself.

What you can do is email affinity@serif.com and arrange to purchase a redemption code. You can then give her the redemption code, and she can use it to "pay" for the software when she places her order.

You might also mention to them that she will not redeem until after the sale ends. I don't think that should matter, but it's best to be safe.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1