You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

In Photo, I can hold CTRL while clicking on a control point and move only that point without moving the other control point for that node.

However, I have not been able to find how to do that in Designer.  One would think CTRL would function the same in both programs but in Designer it seems to do nothing.

So, the question is how do I limit control point movement to only the selected control point in Designer?

Windows 10.

Thanks,

Edited by delpi767
omission

MEB,

I misspoke previously.  You are correct that it should be the ALT key. 

However, that was only part of the problem.  I was drawing with the pencil tool, then editing with the node tool.  In this case ALT does not work.

However, when I draw with the pen tool, ALT works as expected.

Thanks for your response.

14 minutes ago, delpi767 said:

This creates a single control point for the associated node

Creating a cusp node, where you can move the two control handles independently, is not the same as ‘deleting’ one of the handles. (I put the word in quotation marks because the handle is still there but its distance from the node is zero.)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I'm really confused now.  to demonstrate, I have created a perfect circle and converted it to curves.

The file circle-01.jpg shows this with the top node selected.

I then move the right control point of the topmost node down while holding the ALT key and the result, as seen in circle-02 is that both control points move.

circle-01.JPG

circle-02.JPG

To continue my confusion.  I have shutdown and re-started Designer and now the ALT key behaves as expected and allows me to only move one control point.

So, I don't know if this is a bug, or if I did something to change some obscure setting.  I'll try to duplicate the problem.  Stay tuned.