You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher invisible text in textbox

Hi,

I have a weird problem. Could not find any solution with the search bar. I´ve been working on this large document since a while with around 60-70 pages. Images and text. Had no problems so far. A lot of text frames, worked all well.

Today I put an Image wich maybe was a bit larger. It was linked to an Screenshot. After that, I could not type any text in frames. Even after going back in the history. I am able to type in a text in the other textframes I put in earlier, but no new text frame works. The artistic text tool still works.

I tried to change the color, zoomed in, changed the size to 4000pt. Nothing seems to work. I closed the document and re-opened. Already deleted the linked screenshot.

I can't find any solution. Do you have any other ideas I could try? I can't find anything in the preferences to solve this problem.

kind regards,

SpaceShark_Olaf

Without seeing the document itself, hard to judge. Is the text frame lying over the image and the image has text wrap activated? What could help is, selecting the text frame and hitting the Revert defaults button from the top toolbar.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

What do you mean by “could not type any text in frames”?
Do you mean that you cannot add any text into them by typing (the text cursor doesn’t move), or that you cannot see what you have typed (the cursor moves but you cannot see the text), or something else?
The first thing I would try is to select one of the text frames where you can’t see the text, press the “Revert To Defaults” button on the Toolbar and see if that makes a difference.
If that doesn’t fix it, can we see a full-screen screenshot with the relevant layer selected and visible in the Layers Panel?

That´s weird. Now it works again....

I Opened the document, and it works. I did not change anything lol?

6 hours ago, GarryP said:

What do you mean by “could not type any text in frames”?
Do you mean that you cannot add any text into them by typing (the text cursor doesn’t move), or that you cannot see what you have typed (the cursor moves but you cannot see the text), or something else?
The first thing I would try is to select one of the text frames where you can’t see the text, press the “Revert To Defaults” button on the Toolbar and see if that makes a difference.
If that doesn’t fix it, can we see a full-screen screenshot with the relevant layer selected and visible in the Layers Panel?

I meant I can type, the cursor moves, but no letters ( ic cannot see the text).