You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashing when exporting to OneDrive - 1.9.4.1082

Hi

I have a 16page A4 Document that produced a pdf at 96dpi at the standard Affinity setting (i.e. used the small pdf and increased the dpi.) this gave a pdf around 8mb. the affinity file size was about 40mb.

To see if I could get a smaller pdf I resized the affinity document to A5 using all spreads, the results where good and the resultant pdf dropped to 5mb, however the affinity file size doubled to 80mb.

Thought I would try the A5 version in this new beta. First it would not calculate the pdf size for export, after 3mins without the size being generated I tried export. First attempt it did not give the warning that it was going to overwrite the existing pdf file and the operation failed saying error occured and the location on my one drive. I closed the file and opened in the non beta and it work fine.

I then opened again in the beta it still did not calculate the export pdf size, but when I proceeded it gave the overwrite warning but the operation failed again

the beta error log is as follows

[DXCore] Found 2 adapters
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
    Version: 27.21.14.6259
    IsHardware: Yes
    Supports D3D12 Feature Level 12.0: Yes
    HardwareID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_21C4&SUBSYS_10680000&REV_A1
    LUID: 0xCDC6
Microsoft Basic Render Driver
    Version: 10.0.19041.546
    IsHardware: No
    Supports D3D12 Feature Level 12.0: Yes
    HardwareID: PCI\VEN_1414&DEV_008C&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00
    LUID: 0xE095
[DXGI] Enumerating adapters
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
    HardwareID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_21C4&SUBSYS_106838420000&REV_A1
    LUID: 0xCDC6
Microsoft Basic Render Driver
    HardwareID: PCI\VEN_1414&DEV_008C&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00
    LUID: 0xE095
[OpenCL] Found 1 platforms:
Name: NVIDIA CUDA
    Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    Version: OpenCL 1.2 CUDA 11.2.162
[OpenCL] Found 1 devices for platform NVIDIA CUDA:
GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
    Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    Version: OpenCL 1.2 CUDA

If you want copies of the Affinity files please provide a link

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

Hi @AlanPickup I've split the thread so we're not talking over other posts. I forgot to move our other comments though.

I'm just taking a look at exporting to a OneDrive but in the meantime, are you experiencing this issue when exporting locally too or just to the OneDrive? Is your document also stored on the OneDrive too?

Everything is on the One Drive for both the A4 and A5 versions inc all assets. They export is fine with the release version to pdf, but not with the beta. I tried the beta saving direct to the hard drive (as an aside I have to save or move Affinity files to this drive to get thumbnails) the results were just the same gave up after 3mins waiting for it to calculate the export size and exported without success see below. Opened up again in the release version calculated file size in about 5 seconds and exported to the hard drive without any problems

image.png.38940c29532c6ea94213e7c57ff9d94a.png

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

Hi 

my C drive is an 1TB Intel 660P M.2 PCIe 3XS which has my operating systems and one drives (business and personal) My D drive is an installed Seagate 2TB Barra ST2000DM008  which I use for my collections of music and my DAM as Affinity thumbnails will not show in one drive, but my working files are on the the C:drive in One drives. My desktop is on my C drive and synchronises with my laptop.

I have just started up my laptop which has a C drive 500gb ssd and a D drive 1TB harddrive, my onedrive on this machine is on the D drive and I have exactly the same problem it will not export the pdf to any drive with the beta version

Just an aside I was puting a colon after the drive letters and you get this 😄 on the forum

Alan Pickup

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have again come across this problem in the latest Beta .1085 this time with a single page flyer that was done on a document created from a flyer. In Beta message 

image.png.1618591e7334aa6460bc3fd69aed723f.png

Same file opened in release version and no export problems. Need to bottom before the beta is transferred in to the next realease version, post link for file if you want a copy please

Alan Pickup

Uploaded the file, this has just happened again with another flyer where we have updated the template and I have copied and pasted the content on to the new template, again that one worked fine in the release version.

I have also tried moving the file to a non one drive location (installed hard drive) still same error but the hard drive location instead of the onedrive

Alan Pickup

• Staff

Interesting, it's nothing to do with what drive as I can reproduce it. Its "Hyperlink 1" that is causing it, this doesn't seem to be a valid hyperlink (it's not a url, it's just text, I won't paste it here incase it is private).

It looks like in 1.9.2 we export this even though it is invalid, and it just opened the invalid url in a browser prefixed with http://, it's now error'ing because it's invalid

I've raised this as it is a regression, as much as the error is valid.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Thanks Jon I can confirm I have altered the twitter link and it exported the pdf and calculated the size OK using the beta. It would be good to have this check feature pop up in the preflight warning with the option to ignore and publish.

Also that faulty hyperlink was in the document in the original "bug" report so that is solved also.

Alan Pickup

• 4 weeks later...

Moving details over to this thread as requested in previous reply from Gabe

First post in the other thread

Hi

I have reported this previously so this is just an update to say it is still present in latest windows beta. If a document has an erroneous hyperlink in the interactive section the size of the published pdf document will not be calculated and the export will return an error.

If saved the file will still open in the current retail version, but needs to be sorted before the beta goes to release as will not have hte option of using the release version to get over the problem.

Just coompleted a 20 page newsletter in beta, during which I have had two updates to beta, as there are a lot of hyperlinks in the document it is hard work trying to track down. This has only happened over the last couple of days as it exported previously from beta, but may be content I have added or amended.

Another interesting point is if my internet connection was down would this give the same error, just speculating as I have tried to check all hyperlinks from the published pdf from retail and they seemed to work, but I got a dropped connection whilst testing one, but it worked when the connection came back to the internet.

I am not  going to post further as it must be hyperlink related and if it appears in another project without hyperlinks then I will followup. Fortunately it is not causing a problem as the file will open in the retail version and export. I can only presume the beta is recognisning something as an hyperlink that I have not formatted as an hyperlink

Alan Pickup

• Staff

Hi Alan,

The issue I logged regading this is still open so it's expected that it still errors unfortunately.

Another interesting point is if my internet connection was down would this give the same error

I wouldn't worry about this, we won't use the internet to check it is valid we just simply check the URL is RFC 3986 compliant, previously we would have just exported it even though the URL would not have opened a webpage in a browser when clicked since it wasn't valid

The file should export once you remove these faulty hyperlinks (if not it will be a different bug), if you think you've removed them all and it still errors let me know and I don't mind taking a look. You can also enable PDF logging and view the log to determine what page the issue is on, if that helps.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi Jon P

Thanks for this information which I enabled pdf logging and this  has enabled me to tract down the faulty url which was an email address where it began with a capital letter. When I changed this to lower case and eidted the hyperlink the export worked. When exported with the capital letter in 1.9 the hyperlink still worked with a capital letter and opened an email form. Hope this helps

Alan Pickup

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.