You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

cannot install danish dictionary in affinity publisher

I simply cannot get a danish dictionary to work in Affinity Publisher on OSX 11.4 Big Sur.
I have tried the following steps but continously get the error message:
"Unsupported Languages: Document contains languages (en-DK) for which no dictionary is installed"

• Downloaded hunspell OXT da-DK from Github.
  • renamed to .zip, and unzipped the files.
  • copied da_DK.aff, da_DK.dic and hyph_da-DK to users/me/library/spelling/
  • restarted computer and Affinity Publisher - same error
  • changed underscores to scores in the filenames - restarted AFP same error
  • created a folder called da-DK in Spelling and copied the files to that - restarted AFP same error
  • changed scores back to underscores in filenames in the folder - restarted AFP same error

Does anybody have suggestions?

in hope
Morten

I think Hunspell uses underscores, but why are you installing the da_DK files rather than en_DK?

<edit>

Sorry, I'd assumed you took the listed steps after you got the error message!  

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

Thanks IanSG,

i am sort of an affinity newbie and are unclear on the difference between da_DK and en_DK

But i just created a new document and made sure all text items are confugured to dansk in spelling options. Then the error message disappeared, so maybe i did'nt even need to install the dictionary...

1 hour ago, MBweb said:

i am sort of an affinity newbie and are unclear on the difference between da_DK and en_DK

da_DK is a dictionary for Danish as written in Denmark, while en_DK would be a dictionary for English as written in Denmark.  My guess is that there are enough English words in common use that someone's created a specific dictionary for them, which would be used alongside the da_DK.   Where you specify the use of en_DK I've no idea!

22 minutes ago, IanSG said:

My guess is that there are enough English words in common use that someone's created a specific dictionary for them

I very much doubt that anyone has done such a thing. This looks like yet another instance of the problem described here:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

11 minutes ago, Alfred said:

I very much doubt that anyone has done such a thing. This looks like yet another instance of the problem described here:

You're right!

2 minutes ago, MBweb said:

So far i have not located an en-DK.dic

And you'won't!  As @Alfred's pointed out, APub is working out the dictionary names it expects to find based on the various language selections that have been made - even when they're not "real".