You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello @lanna, and welcome to the forums.

Affinity Photo will not recognize Photoshop macros. Do you mean actions? Or perhaps you mean Photoshop plugins?

Photo will recognise many (but not all) Photoshop plugins (.8fbf files), but not actions (.atn files). What are you trying to load?

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I did mean Photoshop plug-ins and you have answered my question. As a previous Photoshop user, I found many plug-ins to be quite useful. Is there a list of plug-ins (macros) that are suitable for affinity Photo?

Cheers Lanna

8 hours ago, lanna said:

Is there a list of plug-ins (macros) that are suitable for affinity Photo?

Hello @lanna,

Take a look here. (List for Windows)
I don't know whether the list is up-to-date.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3527)

@lanna,if you have the plugins, just try them out in Photo. Use Edit > Preferences > Photoshop Plugins. You will need to tell Photo where your .8bf files are, and tick the 'Allow unknowns' box.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630