You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

stroke and fill colors for text stick to what's chosen for the first text entered

Hi,

Stroke and fill colors for text stick to what's chosen for the first text entered. Said settings for subsequent text entered always reverts to the first settings, which then have to be changed to what's wanted for the current text. Is there are cure for this behavior? Styles didn't work to correct this either. 

Also, in doing text intensive work, the inability to group fonts makes for a lot of scrolling through a long list of fonts for foreign languages etc.

Thanks for your attention,

Kearney

• Staff

Hi Kearney,

I am not sure if I understood your issue correctly. Are you referring to the colours from the Text Tool reverting back to defaults every time you use it? Because this issue is solvable by creating a style with the colour you want and applying it to all of your text. If this is not your issue would it be possible for you to make a video demonstrating your issue?

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

Hello Kearney,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

In addition to what Callum said, you can also select the text style you want and click on Synchronise defaults from selection button (the blue "cloud" with a white arrow icon) on the main toolbar. Subsequent text you create will then use that style.

The latest Affinity Photo/Designer Betas now keep the last ten used fonts on top of the font list dropdown for easy access. You may want to try them (they are pinned at the top of their respective sections). Just remember to keep the corresponding Mac App Store versions installed since they are needed to run the Betas.

Hi,

MEB's suggestion solved the problem. Now when new text is entered, it has the stroke and fill colors, font size and type that were saved by clicking on the "synchronize defaults by selection" icon.

The styles solution isn't as good because I have make a style from a selection and then go back and select all the errant text and then apply the style. If the new style could apply to all the text created from now on, that would be better.

Thanks for your responses.

Kearney