You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Moving from Trial to Full app

Hi,

I've tried Affinity Designer for the trial period and liked it, and so bought it from the App Store.

Now during the trial period, after some trial and error, I reached a certain configuration settings of the App - like the general preferences, Export profiles etc. - that I really liked and would like to have back in the Full version I bought.

How can I import the settings - including Export profiles - from the Trial version (that isn't working anymore, it closes and directs me to the App Store) to the Full version?

Thank you!

All the best.

Hi Johnny34

Welcome to the forums! :)

Unfortunately it is not possible to import your profile settings from the trial to the full version. 

It is possible for you to transfer items such as brushes and styles but the profile settings are not retained. This has been requested in the past so hopefully it will change in the future. 

Jack

Hi Johnny34

Welcome to the forums! :)

Unfortunately it is not possible to import your profile settings from the trial to the full version. 

It is possible for you to transfer items such as brushes and styles but the profile settings are not retained. This has been requested in the past so hopefully it will change in the future. 

Jack

Thanks for your reply! Hopefully it will be done.

Hi all,

Just wanted you to know that I managed to extract my old profiles from the Trial app.

All I had to do was copy the file "file_export_options.dat" from the Trial app Container folder, to the new Full app Container folder!

All the best.

Almost on topic.

I come to the end of my free 10 day Affinity Photo trial soon and I'm considering upgrading to the full version.

Couple of questions; will the free trial be automatically deleted / need deleting from my Mac or will it sit dormant in there?

If i buy the full version will it simply make what I already have become permanent or will it be in addition?

I am just thinking in terms of mb space.

Thanks.