You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Three issues

Hello, I have recently encountered three issues:

Firstly, In Affinity Photo the "add" keyboard shortcut of the magic wand tool is not working as expected. I have raised this issue in this thread:

Secondly: (This issue does not always occur but sometimes it I believe it has :/ I cannot currently recreate it. ) In Affinity Publisher: When I export a PDF, choose a print preset (Like "PDF - Für Druck" (German)) I am sometimes for no clear reason unable to select "include bleed area" (or whatever the english translation for "Inklusive Anschnittbereich" is) in the extended export options menu. Then I can only enable the bleed marks through the (parent) basic export dialogue.

Thirdly: This is not necessarily a bug but I find it unfortunate: When I open a PDF document's page in Affinity Photo, the bleed area is not included.

For future postings: If you're describing Photo bugs you should post in Photo Bugs, not Designer Bugs :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi Foolix,

1. The RMB Add shortcut does work, but you have to hold down the RMB and then use the LMB to drag the selection over the part you want to add and then release the LMB first, before releasing the RMB.

Unfortunately this is a side effect of Windows having one less shortcut key than Mac, so we've have to try and work around it in creative ways.

2. This is correct behaviour. If your document doesn't have a Bleed value set then this option remains disabled. However as you're using Photo there isn't a way to actually set the bleed values from within the app, however that option is still useful if your document (created in Designer or Publisher for example) already contained them so it was left. in.

3. I'll pass this one onto development as an improvement.