You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Version 1.9.2 : Astrophotography Stacking does not work on certain files.

Sedim

Version 1.9.2 : Astrophotography Stacking does not work on certain files. When attempting to stack in astrophotography, certain sets work but others make stacking unresponsive and cannot be applied. 

1. Are you using the latest release version?
    A: Yes, v1.9.2 
  2. Can you reproduce it?
    A: Yes, attached is a clip on how it is reproducible along with associated files. The first video The "M42" files stack successfully but the  "Light_.30.0s"  files are not stackable. The second video clip shows the same "Light_.30.0s"  files stacking just fine in another app.
  3. Does it happen for a new document? If not do you have a document you can share that shows the problem?
    A: New.
  4. What is your operating system and version (Windows 10, OSX Mojave, iOS 12 etc)?
    A: macOS Big Sur V 11.2.3 (20D91) 
  5.    What happened for you (and what you expected to happen)
    A: Cannot stack certain files.
  6.    Provide a recipe for creating the problem (step-by-step what you did).
    A: See first video. 
  7.    Screenshots (very handy) or a screen capture/video.
    A: See Attached Videos
  8.    Any unusual hardware (like tablets or external monitors or drives that may affect things) or relevant other applications like font managers or display managers.
    A: No.
  9.    Did this same thing used to work and if so have you changed anything recently? (software or hardware)
    A: Unknown

Preview_M42_30.0s_Bin1_ISO640_20210304-193308.fit

Preview_M42_30.0s_Bin1_ISO640_20210304-193439.fit

Preview_M42_30.0s_Bin1_ISO640_20210304-193702.fit

Light_30.0s_Bin1_ISO6400_20210330-211302_0001.fit

Light_30.0s_Bin1_ISO6400_20210330-211336_0002.fit

Light_30.0s_Bin1_ISO6400_20210330-211410_0003.fit

I am using the free trial version on a Mac and have the same issue. It was working fine for the past couple of weeks, and now just hangs during  stacking. The apply button is never activated now matter how many or what type of frames I am using.

On 4/1/2021 at 10:04 AM, Gabe said:

Hi @Sedim,

I think the "light" stack fails because they are really out of focus. I will pass these on and see what our developers say. 

@Les722 we would need some samples to see what's going on. 

Yes thank you @Gabe for responding. You are right, they are out of focus but we need a message or something to tell us why it's not stacking or that stacking failed because your "subs were really bad..."  :))

Interesting find last night. I went back a couple of weeks to the subs I had used successfully, and was able to complete the stack with these. Same equipment, location, target, and number of subs as the recently failed stack. Only difference was the exposure time, 15 sec vs 30 sec on the failed stack. The mount I am using is the iOptron AZpro, so per the above thread could I also be experiencing a focus issue using the extended exposure time? 

16 hours ago, Les722 said:

Only difference was the exposure time, 15 sec vs 30 sec on the failed stack.

Add in  Vibration from a resonant frequency caused by a slight breeze or distant traffic or who knows what all.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.