You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Suite: Major bug with registration

Hi to all.

I have registered each of my softwares from their register button. On the normal 1.9 versions, there doesn't seem to be any problems.

On beta versions 1.9.1.952, downloading extensions causes the current software to exit when downloading an extension: on Publisher, Photo, or Designer. It is the same with the opening of a large file (I tested on Publisher beta) with the beta version. On the commercial version, the file opens normally and does not close the application.

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?

4 hours ago, Pyanepsion said:

downloading extensions

I'm not sure what you mean by "extensions". Can you provide the name of the package you're downloading?

4 hours ago, Pyanepsion said:

It is the same with the opening of a large file

Is this one of the files you downloaded from the Affinity Store via the My Account function? Or something else?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Crash with software output (Publisher, Photo, or Designer Beta) when downloading an extension, e.g Mystical Light, (and similarly on a large DTP file, e.g. a book).

extensions.jpg.145dc40585fa5437391bc886fd3577c0.jpg

Mystical Light : Exception Out of Space.

extension-02.jpg

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

1 hour ago, Pyanepsion said:

Mystical Light : Exception Out of Space.

How much space is available on your C drive?

Each file will initially be downloaded to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\<application-name>\1.0\temp and will then be installed into the appropriate .propcol file in C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\<application-name>\1.0\user which means for a start that you need twice the amount of space available on C. The space in the "temp" directory is temporary but I'm not sure when the downloaded copies are deleted.

Then if you consider the 3 applications, which could all be download/installing those files, you need 3x that amount of space if they're all trying to do this at the same time.

(And, if you have them installed on the beta applications, too, you need to double the final amount of space in the "user" directories.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I doubt that this is the explanation, as there are still many gigabytes available on the system partition, but it is plausible due to file fragmentation which can temporarily reduce the real available space. I also considered an RAM problem, as I had run many applications, but here too I have some doubts.

I wonder, if the problem was not rather due to server saturation, as there were also slow downloads.

• Everything had gone well with the public version 1.9. At the end of each download session, I had then ticked the box ‘Always install available content’.
  • On the beta versions, I then ticked the box ‘Always install available content’ at the beginning of the download. This would be a good way to get saturated. Note, however, that this error message only appeared on the fourth try/update when I made the screenshot for this post.

I tried again to complete the downloads after writing the post and this time there was no crash.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.