You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Crashes when choosing print

I am a business owner, using Affinity Designer to make custom labels, gift certificates, etc. I tweaked a label, went to print and now Affinity crashes every time I hit the print button. I have windows ten and Affinity designer 1.9.0.932 It's a bit urgent as I need to be able to print these out ASAP but I have no way of doing so. Any help would be very appreciated. I've attached the file I'm specifically having trouble with.

labels for KFV.afdesign

7 minutes ago, jwrule1865 said:

I am a business owner, using Affinity Designer to make custom labels, gift certificates, etc. I tweaked a label, went to print and now Affinity crashes every time I hit the print button. I have windows ten and Affinity designer 1.9.0.932 It's a bit urgent as I need to be able to print these out ASAP but I have no way of doing so. Any help would be very appreciated. I've attached the file I'm specifically having trouble with.

labels for KFV.afdesign

Hi, unfortunately we discovered a bug when attempting to print documents with multiple artboards. We now have a fix available in a beta version if you would like to try that. It should allow you to open the file and print from the beta version:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/133600-affinity-designer-windows-customer-beta-191943/

I downloaded the Beta and tried to print through it. It still crashes when I try to print. The very first time I tried to print it took me to the dialogue box for printing options but there was nothing in the preview window (it was just blank). Since I was trying to print a specific artboard I decided to try and print the whole page. After that it just started crashing just as before. Any ideas?

I'm having trouble with it again. I went to modify a few of the labels and now the Beta version is crashing when I go to print. Is there a way to avoid this? Can I export the artboards somehow or do I need to start from scratch, designing the labels without using an artboard? I need to be able to change the labels everytime I print one. I've been using the program without issue for almost 6 months now, and all of a sudden it's crashing everytime I try to use it.

• Staff

Hi jwrule1865,

Could you attach some of the crashing files to our internal Dropbox account using the link below. We can then investigate what is causing it to crash with your files.
https://www.dropbox.com/request/xpIjW2ZNBQVza6LNCeIl

I've tried with the file attached and had no issues printing from any of the artboards by selecting them from the dropdown or the whole 'Document'. Is the crash you're getting with a different file to the attached?

Thanks

Alright, so I came home from work and thought I'd mess around with it. I reduced the size of the artboards just to make it a little less messy before digging into it, re-tried the print function and suddenly it takes me to the dialogue box as though nothing were wrong. Is it possible that the printer I'm using at work is somehow causing the crash? I know that sounds far fetched, but it's the only major factor that changed (that I can think of), other than decreasing the size of the art boards. I'll try printing again once I'm at work to see what happens.

I worked on a file containing 2 artboards, and a lot of text boxes. Printing one artboard was working, but the second left Designer crashing all time.

After I saved the file under a new name (file/save as...), I can now print the artboard.

But still a lot of work coming up as software is currently not reliable.

Designer V 1.9 (no beta).

Alright, so I came home from work and thought I'd mess around with it. I reduced the size of the artboards just to make it a little less messy before digging into it, re-tried the print function and suddenly it takes me to the dialogue box as though nothing were wrong. Is it possible that the printer I'm using at work is somehow causing the crash? I know that sounds far fetched, but it's the only major factor that changed (that I can think of), other than decreasing the size of the art boards. I'll try printing again once I'm at work to see what happens.

1 hour ago, jwrule1865 said:

Possibly - are you certain that you used the beta each time? If you accidentally launched the retail version again, it would crash as soon as you went into the print dialog.