You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Performance Reduction Post Update 1.9

Hello, first time poster on here, i have been using affinity photo for about a year or so, i recently downloaded the latest update and since then the performance of the photo editor has drastically reduced, its really slow at performing basic operations, still usable buts it very noticeable and annoying at times, there is not really anything else to add really as i cant provide pictures as its from start to finish, i am using windows 10 pro. If you do need anything else please let me know, thank you

1 hour ago, boulton lee said:

Hello, first time poster on here, i have been using affinity photo for about a year or so, i recently downloaded the latest update and since then the performance of the photo editor has drastically reduced, its really slow at performing basic operations, still usable buts it very noticeable and annoying at times, there is not really anything else to add really as i cant provide pictures as its from start to finish, i am using windows 10 pro. If you do need anything else please let me know, thank you

Hi, what GPU are you using? We've had reports from owners of AMD Radeon RX cards which we are investigating. This is due to the new hardware acceleration feature in Windows, which can be disabled in Preferences.

Like many on this forum, on upgrading to v1.9, I initially had a number of issues. These included various tools giving odd results and incomplete screen updates with blocks missing or strange colours within photos.

I then updated my Windows 10 with recent update KB4598299 (Cumulative Update Preview for .NET) and update KB4598291 (OS Builds 19041.789 and 19042.789). The problems with Affinity Photo disappeared immediately. I cannot see anything in these updates specifically to do with GPU/graphics, so it could just be co-incidence.

For me, Affinity Photo is running quicker than I’ve ever seen and the GPU can be seen to run up to about 10% in task manager.

BTW, I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card, Driver version 456.71.