You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Update - confused

Hi I bought Photo and Designer through the Mac App Store and they are version 1.7.2. I bought Publisher through Affinity. Publisher has upgraded fine to 1.9.0 - is the policy different for 1.7 or did I miss an upgrade to 1.8? In the MAS Upgrade shows but when clicked nothing happens apart from a week of death thingy. Do I now have to buy Photo and Designer again? Bizarrely in Publisher Studio Link it shows the other two as requiring update but the update buttons don't work even if I launch the apps.

@BrianBrum

I think this post from a very experienced user might help you to resolve this problem.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Thanks Jeff but that doesn't work for Photo - tried it and it the same as ever -  the top of the App Store screen gives this never ending wheel thing and then eventually stops with no update. Bizarrely Designer says Install when its already installed but I tried it and it worked so I now have 1.9 on everything except Photo. I'm wondering if I delete Photo and redownload it?

Wow solved it. I had a bright idea and went to my wife's mac which has a newer system. We have family sharing set up so the old version of Photo was on there and I was able to upgrade it in MAS. I then copied it over to my machine. This was a task as direct copy over wifi kept stalling or failing. In the end I just plugged in a HD and did that way. Once copied I ran it and it allowed me to register at my Affinity account. So now I have all three apps upgraded and registered. Phew only took 24 hours!