You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi everyone! First of all, excuse me for such provocative tittle, i'll try to explain what i mean.
I purchased Affinity products a while ago and i'm still very happy with what you produce. As a person who actively uses Photoshop i still think that Affinity is  much more pleasing to the eye. I really like the community and the way you approach some of the things. And, let's address elephant in the room - the fact that you provide programs for lifetime - that's amazing! I wish you all the good things!

Now, with the "obligatory" part addressed, i'm really concerned that some of the things Serif promised to have (AD's warp tools, Vectorizer for example - key features without which it's nearly impossible to create something even semi professional) are still not in latest update. And as far as i got it, the next major update will require additional payment?

I have no idea what Serif's plans are, or what their release schedule is. But, most software companies who release stand alone, rather than charge a subscription, will need to make a charge for major version updates, because, otherwise they would not have a viable business model. But, this way of doing things is still far better for users than a subscription, especially given the stand alone cost of the affinity suite is an order of magnitude (more at current discounted price) more affordable than a years subscription to the common alternative.  

@Tandelov

As a matter of policy Serif do not make any any "early" announcements about what is to appear in any future releases of any of the apps.  Originally, there was a published roadmap, but that disappeared some time ago because users were tending to point to it and say things like "XYZ is on the roadmap but you still haven't included it". 

"New" features will appear as, and when, the Serif developers feel they have got them to a "suitable-for-release" state.

As to the question of payments: ALL releases of updates to the Version 1 will always be free to existing customers.  The fact that we are currently at version 1.9 does NOT mean, I believe, that version 1 is "complete"; there is every possibility there will be a version 1.10, 1.11 etc., etc..

Whenever version 2 is released, all users will have the option to buy the new version or simply continue to use version 1 and so pay nothing extra.  As to when version 2 might appear, only Serif knows!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.