You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dear community, 
i´ve got two questions:

I purchased Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer in the Windows Store a few weeks ago.
Is there any way to connect the Programms to a Affinity Account?

And i saw on Instagram that version 1.9 is out now. How or where can I update the programs? 

Welcome to the forums @Paul Ka
There is no way to convert a Microsoft/Windows Store version to a Serif/Affinity Store version, or the other way round.
You can update Microsoft Store versions via the Microsoft Store once updates are available there (they can take longer to be approved by Microsoft).
Updates for the Serif Store versions come through the applications themselves (they tell you when a new version is available).

@Wosven @GarryP

One of the changes in the new release is that all users of the apps, from whichever store they originally purchased the app(s), can register, in each app, to have an "Affinity Account" which gives direct access to the Affinity Store and its resources.

I've just done this registration on my iPad version of APh and can now download to it a range of resources which were previously available in my Affinity Store account and so, up to now, accessible only to my desktop apps because they were all purchased direct from Serif.

User who have previously not had any Affinity Account, because they had made all their purchases via the appropriate App Store, can now create one and access and download a range of free resources.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Thanks emmrecs01, I didn’t know that.
Am I still correct in saying that having an Affinity account doesn’t mean that the applications can be downloaded from the Affinity Store if the user has purchased the applications from the Microsoft (or Apple) Store?
In other words, downloads from the Affinity Store via the applications is just for the ‘extras’ not the applications themselves?

@GarryP

Yes, it is resources only, not the app installers.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.