You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

incorrect view with layer effects in combination with live perspective filter

Larto

Hello, maybe i found the same bug like here:

My report tested with windows 10 on Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703 and Beta 1.9.0.876. Same problem on both versions.

reproducibility

1. create a shape, text, place embedded document, and so on and add a layer effect for example a shadow

2. add live perspective filter and drag a corner outside of the original border range from the shape, text, ...

3. result is the shadow (or other layer effects) will cut off on these borders until rasterize the layer or merging live perspective filter (if possible)

Workaround i found is save the document without live perspective filter and create a new document. Now add your saved document as a embedded document and click on it. Here add all wanted layer effects. Back on new document the layer effects will appear and now here its possible to add live perspective filter without bug. I uploaded a video where i show the bug and workaround.

AP_Bug_mit_workaround.m2ts

• 1 year later...
On 1/6/2021 at 4:32 PM, MEB said:

Hi @Larto,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
It is indeed similar/related to the issue reported earlier. I've updated our log/report and added a link to this thread for reference. Thank you for your support/feedback.

Nothing has happened since, I may add. Same thing in the latest version.

Cheers,

Helmar

Screenshot 2022-07-19 at 14.56.02.jpg