You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Corrado,

I'm sorry to see you're having trouble. My sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, as we have been closed over the holidays!

It would help to see a copy of your document, as I believe this may be related to your stroke setting (Scala con oggetto) for these curve objects. Could you please provide a copy of this .afdesign document for me?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

On 12/22/2020 at 12:13 PM, Corrado said:

needed to scale an object consistently with the artboard but it just mess up the object [video]

The white object is scaling correctly according to the constraints that you have specified. The four distance constraints are locking each of the object's bounding box edges to an inflexible distance from the corresponding edge of the container's bounding box, and that takes precedence over any other constraints.

There is no need for constraints when you want an Artboard's content to scale with the Artboard. Simply disable Lock Children in the context toolbar of Move Tool and then scale the Artboard.

17 hours ago, anon2 said:

The white object is scaling correctly according to the constraints that you have specified. The four distance constraints are locking each of the object's bounding box edges to an inflexible distance from the corresponding edge of the container's bounding box, and that takes precedence over any other constraints.

There is no need for constraints when you want an Artboard's content to scale with the Artboard. Simply disable Lock Children in the context toolbar of Move Tool and then scale the Artboard.

Thank you, I couldn't understand the hierarchy of constraints.

Removing all constraints to the artboard and setting only the object's worked perfectly.

Thank you

image.png

image.png

image.png

21 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi @Corrado,

I'm sorry to see you're having trouble. My sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, as we have been closed over the holidays!

It would help to see a copy of your document, as I believe this may be related to your stroke setting (Scala con oggetto) for these curve objects. Could you please provide a copy of this .afdesign document for me?

Many thanks in advance :)

No need to be sorry I worked my way around it in the meantime and @anon2 gave me the right advice. Don't know if it's the only way it works but I'm gonna look deeper into the constraints to understand its dynamics better