You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher: Master pages - different layouts for same content

I tried to use the same content for different layouts. This is pretty well documented in one of the Video Tutorials, but now I still have one problem: When switching my page to the 2nd Master page, one picture gets lost (means, the corresponding frame is empty). Maybe someone here could have a look at the document and can tell me, what I am doing wrong. Your help would be much appreciated.

What I am doing is:

- Duplicate the one page in the document
- assign the Master page "Katalogseite"(by drag and drop of the Masterpage to the newly created page
- confirm the change of the page size
- confirm the move of an object without corresponding text outside the master page (that's perfectly ok, it is a text frame which will get deleted afterwards)
- and now the content of a picture frame (Bild 1) is missing and I have no idea why and how I can correct it.

I'm pretty sure it is only a stupid error on my side, but I've not been able to find it.

I'm using the Release version 1.8.5, but the problem also occurs with the latest beta version.

Thanks in advance for any helpful hint

Begleittext_Template.afpub

• Staff

Hi Andreas,

I think your images are linked as unfortunately your document opens without any images in picture frame 1! Please could you open your file go to Document > Resource Manager embed your images and then re attach your file to this thread so I can investigate this further and try some things at my end?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi @Callum,

this is strange. I embedded the pictures before uploading. The size of the file increased from 1.1MB to 27MB after embedding.

Just now I renamed the directory, where the pictures are located here (to make sure AP can't find them) and then opened the uploaded file from the link in my 1st post - pictures are shown and the resource manager still shows them as embedded.

You could eventually try with some of your own pictures?

1 hour ago, Callum said:

I think your images are linked as unfortunately your document opens without any images in picture frame 1

Strange,

I can see all the images and Resource manager shows them all as embedded

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 3 weeks later...

I digged a bit deeper into the problem and I believe, that the problem here is, that the two master pages have different sizes (A3 and A4) and that after applying the smaller master page, the missing picture is positioned completely outside the new master page and gets lost. Publisher seems to adjust the page size of the new master page as a first step and then position the objects according to their positions in th new master page.