You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Create button missing with 1.8.6 update with New document

I have updated my Affinity applications on my two computers to 1.8.6. On my Macbook Pro running Mac OS 10.11.6 El Capitan I found that when I go to do a new document the blue Create button is missing beside the Cancel button just a faint outline shows. When I click where it is suppose to be it appears briefly before the new document opens. This happens with both Publisher and Designer. I haven't updated Photo on this computer yet because of this. It does not happen on my computer running OS Mojave. Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,

Beverly

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 11.10.58 AM.png

I believe it has to do with a combination of the Light interface and highlight colours in the Mac OS, I use Grapite and blue and have no problem.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Where do I go to change the highlight color. I'm still trying to learn the application and am excited to have ordered the new Publisher workbook.

I did notice something strange. I had a new document window open when I opened the Preferences window to try to find what you referenced and the word Create appeared in the button. It disappears when I close the Preferences window.

Thanks,

Beverly

685006580_ScreenShot2020-12-03at9_15_42AM.png.ad1403a5dc9f4a1b29ade573d438ba4a.png

The highlight button was set to blue, so I tried some other colors but no change. I have found that any window that opens in front of the Publisher New Document window causes the word Create to appear in the button. But when I click back on the New Document window it disappears again. That is very strange. At least it does work when I click on that spot.

Thanks,

Beverly

I have the same issue when the window is in focus & a light UI style on 1.8.6 (OS X 10.11.6) - there are a few other buttons that disappear on other forms not just the "Create" one - when the window doesn't have focus - "Create" appears 🙂; The issue isn't fixed in 1.9.0.857 beta either

.image.png.c3bb0f47be37f3cb2038fe39b67779e6.png

Edited by catgarf