You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fast / slow sliders

Hi,

i would love to have an option to adjust the sensitivity of any slider.

E.g. Gaussian blur has a default scala from 0 to 100, in increments of 0.1 pixel  

For me, it is next to impossible to exactly move between 0,9 1.0 1.1 via mouse, as the mouse jumps nearly almost by 0.3 or more. 
using keyboard to enter exact numbers is no help, as i want to use mouse to smoothly adjust and see the effect immediately until i got the visibly best result. 
Adjusting mouse settings to slower is impractical on 5K screen. Tried different settings like dynamic on/off etc.

Different options would help:

Separate slider for values between 0 and 3.0, 

Clickable option to limit input range to user selectable range (e.g 1.5 to 2.5),  allowing precise and smooth scrolling between these values. 
Clickable option to limit slider scaling between 90% and 110% of last selected value

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

Thank you, haakoo. This hint really helps!

But you need to stay with the mouse exactly over the decimals field (4.7px below). It would be great to have this option while the mouse is over the slider, or the whole area of this control.

image.png.cf560a667d47a8d9a2315051c0edf9bc.png

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

If you're running Windows OS, you can highlight the input field, then use the UP and DOWN arrows on the numeric keypad. The modifier keys, CTL and Shift apply here too.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD