You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Not seeing Mac App store update from 1.7.3 to 1.8.x

Got this email:

"Affinity 1.8.6 for macOS available now!"

And when I check MAS, don't see update available. Downloading the current version from MAS gets me a too-quick download (3-4 sec) and accesses 1.7.3 again, as though I originally bought on MAS.

But I may have bought direct from you, however can't find a license in 1Password, where I (almost) invariably store SW lic files.

Saw this response in FAQ, indicating my 1.7.3 is updatable free to 1.8.x: 

How should I proceed?

@scottbayes@comcast.net

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

As a first step you really ought to change your display name to something other than your email address!  These are public forums and spambots would be delighted to harvest your address!

To be able to successfully update you need to definitely establish exactly where you originally purchased the app (which one by the way?), the MAS or direct from Serif.  Once that is sorted, you would need to go to that source and then you can download the latest version.

HTH

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

• Staff

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the forums :)

I have searched the Affinity database using your email address and I have found an account - however this has no active purchases, which would indicate the app was purchased from the Mac App Store.

If the update in the Mac App Store is not working for you currently, please try the following:

• Open the Mac App Store
  • Sign Out from your Apple ID
  • Restart your Mac
  • Reopen the Mac App Store
  • Sign back into your Apple ID (make sure this is the same ID that was used to make the original purchase)
  • Navigate to the Updates page
  • Select Store > Reload Page

Hopefully your updates will now show here, and will install the latest version (1.8.6) from the Mac App Store.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!