You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Colour Cast Print as PDF in Affinity Publisher 1.8.5

HANDJOJO

Dear All,

I should report again about the colour cast when Print as PDF (through Print Menu in Affinity Publisher, the colour tendency to Bright with Background layer colour in Pantone Colour (document setting is CMYK Japan Colour 2001 Coated) and to be colour cast when background layer is JPG (take from asset), however when Export to PDF no colour cast as per screen shot below.

A. Print as PDF Sample 1 with background Pantone Colour

Result Direct Print as PDF The Colour to be Brighter 

Result Direct Print as PDF.jpg

*Export as PDF

Result Export as PDF.jpg

B. Print as PDF Sample 2 with background JPG (Gradation Colour)

*Direct Print as PDF (Colour Cast)Result Direct Print as PDF_2.jpg

*Export as PDF (Same Background with JPG, however the colour is correct as document)Result Export as PDF_2.jpg

* Print Menu as PDF

Print Setup Print to PDF.jpg

Export Menu as PDF

Export Setup to PDF.jpg

Please investigate why there are the different result between Export as PDF and Print as PDF, frankly speaking I need the solution for this phenomenon due I frequently create document through Print as PDF, along with this report I send the Afpub file.

Awaiting the solution and information.

Best regards,

Handjojo 

Test Colour Cast to PDF.afpub

Direct Print as PDF.pdf Direct Print as PDF_2.pdf Export as PDF.pdf Export as PDF_2.pdf

57 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Hi @HANDJOJO,

We never recommend "Print to PDF" as you have no control over colour spaces, icc profiles, etc, and it's all controlled by your "pdf printer" drivers. Export to PDF should give you way better control (and most likely more accurate) and results. 

Thanks Gabe for your information, anyway what's the mean controlled by the "pdf printer"? the question why when printing there are the PDF Option? Sorry I don't mean to compare with other products that the color accuracy is the same for both method by Print as PDF or export as PDF.

Best regards,

Hi HANDJOJO,

Just as a point of interest, why do you want to print to PDF rather than exporting as a PDF? Have you tried other PDF virtual printers, such as Primo?

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Dear All, 

Many thanks for the information and the advise,  the reason is I want to sort the page with the right facing page, and then make it into a pdf via the print as booklet menu, so the first and last pages are the covers to be the same sheet, although I can using the left facing page method and then export as a pdf, but I have trouble putting the material according to the page if the page  too much.

However I will try trough export as PDF instead of print as pdf.

B/regards