You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Because of the incompatibility of AD and AD Beta files if will not be possible for me to check out the new forthcoming Beta updates. Everything I do on AD is a regular job and I often need to copy parts of one job into another.

If you are saying that it is possible to copy objects from a Beta job to an AD job, rather than the whole file, then I will give it a go.

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

• Staff

Hi Jackamus,

What issues are you having opening the AD Beta files in the Mac App Store version of AD? The Beta files are fully compatible with the Mac App Store Version. Please could you make sure that you aren't trying to open the AD Beta file in the App Store version while it is still open in the Beta?

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

Hi Jack,

To the best of my knowledge, there is currently no incompatibility between the Beta and Mac App Store versions of the products - they should both load and edit the files from each other. Obviously if you use a feature such as Dehaze in Photo Beta that is not in the Mac App Store version then I would expect it to tell you the file is from a more recent version, but if you don't use that, then it should work just fine :)

Thanks,

Matt

Hi All,

I think this goes back to the early days because I raised the issue then and was informed that the incompatibility was correct.

Are you saying that I must not have the Beta version open if I want to open a Beta file in AD? In that case I will give it a go.

Having said that can I open an AD file in the Beta version do that I can apply new Beta features to it?

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

• Staff

Hi Jackamus,

You can have the Beta version open it is just a case of not being able to have the same file open in two places. You are also able to open App Store versions of AD files in the AD Beta :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Right I now have no excuse not try out the Beta version.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0