You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I can open your file without any problem in Designer and Photo. If you provide more specs of your hardware and OS it will be easier to help you.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

• Staff

@FabriceC,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

1 hour ago, FabriceC said:

Attached is the doc that don't open

Can you please confirm for me, what happens when you try and open this document?

Do you see an error message at all? Or does the app simply close?

Do you see any of the PDF document before the app crashes?

Thanks in advance :)

• Staff

No problem at all, thanks for the info :)

I'd like to see if your Mac is writing a crash report when the app closes, can you please go to Applications > Utilities and open the Console app. Crash Reports from our apps can be found in the User Reports section. You can then Right Click the required Crash Report and select Reveal in Finder. Can you upload the latest 2 crash reports here please?

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for your reports @FabriceC :)

It appears this crash is happening due to the name of the folder that your Affinity application is currently saved within.

I can see from the crash report that the location of your Affinity app is -

"/Applications/••Affinity + 2020 apps/Affinity Designer.app/"

The bullets in this name seem to cause the crash, removing the app from this folder, or renaming this folder should resolve the issue!

However, the app shouldn't be crashing due to this name, so I'll also be logging this as a bug with our developers now.

I hope this helps!

Hi Dan,

Thank you very much for the advice. The system didn't let me move my AF applications into the main Applications folder (it just placed alliasses instead) so I re-named the suspect folder to "Affinity" only. Then all of my pdf documents created with an old Illustrator version now magically open!!!

Thank you thank you thank you,

Best, Fabrice