You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mail Merge Blank lines

Welcome to the Affinity forums!

AFAIK there is no option to suppress empty lines. But it would be handy. In the meantime you could search the generated document for 2 or more paragraph breaks in a "row" and replace it with nothing.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

1 hour ago, Joachim_L said:

AFAIK there is no option to suppress empty lines.

I read somewhere that blank lines are removed automatically by publisher so we don't have to worry about it. If they do appear then maybe it's because these empty lines contain spaces or white characters that force them to appear on the merged document.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

9 minutes ago, Seneca said:

If they do appear then maybe it's because these empty lines contain spaces or white characters that force them to appear on the merged document.

No, they are not removed, at least in my document and there are no spaces or white characters.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• 1 year later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.