You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

eraser and distortion tools in Designer

cekuhnen,

I believe that distortion/warp tools are on the Road Map https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/842-affinity-designer-feature-roadmap/. Many people have requested an eraser tool so I would imagine that the Affinity team is aware of it (but I didn't see it on the road map but not everything is on the road map). In addition to Affinity Designer, I also have iDraw and I much prefer Designer to iDraw but iDraw's eraser tool is pretty cool. It doesn't do anything special, it does exactly what you would expect it to and it does it well. I hope that Designer will get a similar (or better) eraser tool in the future!

Hokusai

I'm really hoping for an eraser tool as good or better than iDraw's.  When we get one, I can retire iDraw, like I (mostly) have Photoshop.  For now, iDraw is the only way to get that effect when that's what I want or need.

Not sure exactly what a distortion wrap tool is but I'd also love to have the equivalent of Painter's Distorto tool.

I am quite stunned not to see an eraser ...

I really wanted for this coming semester buy both serif products but with so many basic tools missing I could not do my work in the most common way.

Well I will have to wait till they updated the two packages and finally implemented some common sense tools.

The other stuff Photo and Designer have is pretty fantastic speed and workflow wise.

So looking forward to it.

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design  -  Chair Interior Design - Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen - product:interface:design