You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Link text boxes, font size affected.

Tried to flow text into a new text box because of overflow. When text enters the new text box the font size is drastically reduced. I've tried to create the new text box first, then flow the text into it - same problem. Tried to first click the overflow symbol, then create the the new text box from the loaded curser - same problem. What does it take to simply have the text flow into a new text box without it reformatting? Attached is a screen shot.

Still a newbie trying to switch from InDesign. There's a LOT I don't understand. DETAILED instructions would be appreciated. Am I using the wrong tool - Move Tool, Frame Text Tool, Artistic Text Tool???

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 2.49.01 PM.png

This looks like the text frames have been inadvertently  resized by using the 'Resize' handle. The easiest way to get rid of it is to copy all the text and then delete the Text Frames, redraw them to the right size and place, link them and paste the text back in.

Here is the offending Resize handle...

860669697_ScreenShot2020-10-30at1_30_55PM.png.205526fce7b3274ca91197f99117592f.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 3 weeks later...

I had this problem today and the solution from Old Bruce seems to have fixed it (thanks!) but I don't understand why it occured in the first place.  I have no recollection of using that resize handle (although the document is something I've been working on for a while so it's possible I did) but regardless is there some reason why it works in this way?  It feels like a bug to me (as the text is clearly not respecting the format I've applied) but would love to know if there's a reason for this behaviour and if there's anything I can do to stop it happening in future (other than being extra careful not to use that handle). 

Thanks

15 minutes ago, CliveH said:

would love to know if there's a reason for this behaviour and if there's anything I can do to stop it happening in future (other than being extra careful not to use that handle). 

There are times when people want to enlarge the text in the frame (and only in that frame) without having the actual words enlarged and flow into the next frame. I think it is rather niche, but I do see that it is a good feature. Sadly the only option for turning it off is Eternal Vigilance.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.