You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Disable auto-expand adjustment tools.

I am a new user to ( Affinity Photo ) and have what might be a simple question but my search returned not answer.

When I open a new file and begin to modify it, all the choices for adjustments come with some quick settings. As an example, if I click on ( Levels ) there are three quick choices ( Default, Darken, Lighten ). To date I never use any quick choices and always use the sliders to make my changes. Is there a way to keep ( Affinity Photo ) from displaying these quick choices? When I am done with one of many adjustments, after the quick choices are expanded, the quick choices are never collapsed when I am finished using the tool and the more tools I open, the more vertical real estate is consumed and the scrolling distance gets longer and longer. It seems an unnecessary step to single click on the tool after using it just to get rid of the quick choices I never use.

Welcome to the forums @BruceFerjulian
You can add an Adjustment Layer to a layer by selecting the layer you want to apply the adjustment to and pressing the Adjustments button as shown in my attached image. This gives you access to all of the available adjustments without needing the Adjustments Panel.
Is this what you want?

Note: You can double-click the thumbnail of an Adjustment Layer to open the dialog to make changes to the adjustment.

Screenshot 2020-10-25 135002.png

You can hide the presets by clicking on the word "Levels" in the Adjustment panel:

36130915_Screenshot2020-10-25at13_56_04.png.1a00a0f519645f152dd8cbcdea335a10.png

Alternatively, you can close the Adjustment panel and use the pull-down menu in the Layers panel, as suggested by @GarryP

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

5 minutes ago, h_d said:

you can close the Adjustment panel and use the pull-down menu in the Layers panel

Don't use the Adjustment panel...

Edited by h_d
Added video

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

• 8 months later...

What @GarryP said ages ago. I never use the Adjustments panel so I turned it off in View/ Studio.

The Adjustments button at the bottom of the Layers panel provides the same options without the various presets which are of no use to me

ADjustmentsPanel.png

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10