You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

on the left you see the tutorial, on the right you see my photo. I clicked on the inpainting brush to delete the black in the middle. But I don't have the orange color while painting as on the example. Sometimes when first switching to an other knob and then going back to inpainting brush, it works. I have Affinity Photo 1.3.5

Am I doing something wrong?

post-12316-0-99196400-1440391271_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi iMac1943,

The Inpainting Brush doesn't work on Image Layers it needs to be a pixel layer. If you right click your layer and click Rasterise you will be able to use the Inpainting Brush on it.

I hope this helps :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

An Image Layer is treated like a shape or a text object while a Pixel Layer is a just a "container" for raster data you can work with. When you rasterise an image you're "converting" it from an object as an entity to a raster container that is editable.

C

Thank you Callum. I have a question I asked here before, but I cannot reproduce it again.

See my screen print.

I doubled the photo, made it smaller. I must keep the green doors but above and under the doors I need to see the floor and wall of the original photo.

How do I do that?

Thank you for helping me here.

post-12316-0-96169500-1440402622_thumb.png

I think I understand it now - as Allan said: "select the mask then use CMD + I to hide the mask" and then "paint back in the picture (= what I want to be seen = the green doors) with white as the foreground colour and set the brush hardness to 0%, so that the (added) doors come on the foreground.

Is that correct?

• Staff

Hi iMac1943,

That way is correct. However I would use the Pen Tool to draw around the area you wish to keep and then covert it into a selection and then invert the selection and press delete. This will delete the parts you don't want from your scaled down picture. If you provide the document I would be able to make a video showing you how to do this.

C

A video? That should be very very nice Callum. I post here the original photo. As you see, at the end is a gate. I doubled the photo, made it smaller and placed it at the end (see picture 1). In that way the hall seems to be endless.

Picture 2 is the original photo.

Thank you for your great help!

Luc

post-12316-0-42033100-1440428365_thumb.png

post-12316-0-58150400-1440428431_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hi iMac1943,

Here is the link to the video I have made. I have no microphone so there is no sound sorry! In the video I show how I would do what I think you wanted to achieve its a bit rushed so obviously when you do it  you will be able to take your time and do a better more precise job :)

C