You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi @DreamThinkLive :)

I, of course, would recommend using Affinity Photo to develop your RAW files!

However I have no experience in using Capture One, so I will leave this thread open for other forum members to provide their opinions. I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

1 minute ago, Dan C said:

Hi @DreamThinkLive :)

I, of course, would recommend using Affinity Photo to develop your RAW files!

However I have no experience in using Capture One, so I will leave this thread open for other forum members to provide their opinions. I hope this helps!

Hi Dan! Thanks for your advice! 

I also love AP for editing raw but I've seen others who have paired both of them up and used C1 for raw and then AP for all the other photo needs like retouching etc. 

But def. looking forward to seeing what others think!

1 hour ago, DreamThinkLive said:

Hi Dan! Thanks for your advice! 

I also love AP for editing raw but I've seen others who have paired both of them up and used C1 for raw and then AP for all the other photo needs like retouching etc. 

But def. looking forward to seeing what others think!

Discussed and mentioned several times in the forum. You should be able to find some interesting posts.
My background: I have developed tens of thousands of RAW files in several programs from several cameras to achive professional results for professional purposes.

Affinity Photo is budget software with an engine based on open source software. It is mediocore. On Windows; the Apple version of Affinity use a probably better engine from Apple.

Capture One is professional software with in my opinion the best and most natural rendering of RAW files.

Also take a look at DxO Photolab.

Check out the trials on ordinary images and tricky ones. Compare portraits, skin tones, skin, hair detail, landscape photos, pictures of items and some street photography. Also pay attention til details. Not harsh digital sharpness but local contrast. Do they look natural when you look at the image fit to large screen.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.