You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Still problems with .afdesign and .afphoto file extensions

Dear Affinity Team

it looks that we still have the same problem with file extensions.

I tried to reassign the .afdesign file to Designer. But when I clicked "Change all …" on the Info panel, the .afphoto file got assigned to Designer too. And the file type changed from "Affinity Photo" to "Affinity Designer".

Now I tried to reassign the .afphoto file to Photo.  When I clicked "Change all …" on the Info panel the .afdesign file got assigned to Photo again. It is not recognizing the right file ending.  Please look into that again. 

Perhaps removing the Beta, if you have it, may help.

Because I also have El Capitan Beta on an external drive, with the Affinity Betas installed, I also had continued file extension issues. As soon as I unmounted the El Capitan drive, the file extensions assigned perfectly!

• Staff

I'm running El Capitan with the latest Affinity Mac App Store updates. I've removed the Betas (since they don't recognise the updated MAS versions anyway) and everything is working as it should. Double-clicking affinity files launch the correct application and file associations are also set correctly.