You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Windows duplicate and freeze

CJ_LAX

Hello,

When working in full screen mode, which I prefer, when I change back to the windowed mode the image opens 2 views.One window in front and one behind it.  I am able to close the foremost window, but can do nothing after it is closed. Also, all my layers disappear, I have around 10 pixel layers happening in the document of the attached screen capture. AF is essentially locked up and I have to force quit the program every time.

Thank you for your time

AF froze.png

Hi MEB,

I rarely use new view, that is not the case here.  I am running 10.16.6, AF ver. 1.8.4.  Using a single display 27 inch iMac, Quad Core i5 with 24 gigs of RAM.  2 gig GeForce GTX 775M graphics card.

Thanks,

CJ

• Staff

Hi CJ_LAX,
I'm having trouble reproducing this here. While you are working in Separated Mode (before going full screen) do you have the document's windows merged or as independent document windows? Any chance you can record a clip of what you are doing? I'm probably missing some step here. I've also been testing in macOS Big Sur Beta 4. I'm updating to the latest Beta 5 (dev) as we speak and will check again.

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Hi CJ_LAX,
I'm having trouble reproducing this here. While you are working in Separated Mode (before going full screen) do you have the document's windows merged or as independent document windows? Any chance you can record a clip of what you are doing? I'm probably missing some step here. I've also been testing in macOS Big Sur Beta 4. I'm updating to the latest Beta 5 (dev) as we speak and will check again.

I figured out what happened.  As a 20 plus year Photoshop vet, I changed the toggle full screen to the "F" key because I am used to hitting that for full screen, which conflicted with "toggle frequency separation" in AP, thus spinning AP into a world of confusion.  How do I change the key mapping of the toggle frequency separation?  I cannot find it in the custom key mapping preferences.  

Thanks,

CJ

19 hours ago, CJ_LAX said:

How do I change the key mapping of the toggle frequency separation?  I cannot find it in the custom key mapping preferences

Try looking in...

Edit > Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts

Photo
Miscellaneous

It was there in 1.7 but no longer there in 1.8.5 (Windows) not sure if MACs still have it there

Note: Even though the shortcut entry is missing the shortcut is still active and works as "Toggle Frequency Layer", which is a tad annoying

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.