You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 1.8.4.693 crashes in resource manager

1 minute ago, maltmaster said:

Is this a known problem?

Not for me. How many files are in the document? Linked or embedded. Perhaps a good idea to ask a moderator for a private upload link so that you can upload the document and all included files.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Jon P:

The project is huge: 250+ images in i.5 gig bytes. I try to export to a pdf to see if any of the links are broken and see if that helps me proceed.

This is not critical. Just a quick way to check where an image is used and if it's duplicated.

I'll follow up with results.

Nor exactly. I load an existing production file, which has no errors. I wish to find all instances of an image. I start resource manager, the program runs for a while, and abruptly terminates with no exception reported. The task just terminates.

This is Win 10, release 1909. I haven't dared to to go to release 2004.

This is not a major issue for me. Everything else works.

Based on my 30 years experience programming large systems, I would suspect a non-terminating loop. On OX this just runs forever; on Win 10 this changes the execution state incrementally in some fashion until the task state becomes so corrupted that it crashes. It is significant that no other task in the system is affected.

Good luck with a work-around.

I have solved my issue by reverting to 1.8.2. Everything is rock steady now. My issue does seem to relate to Resource Manager - it looks like the program was unable to find/load(??) the linked files and, maybe as you say, went into an unresolvable loop that had to be forced quit. The hint that Resource Manager was the issue with my problem is that the graphics in my file were fuzzy (presumably previews) that would be replaced by the high res linked versions if they were to load properly.

Good luck with your issue.