You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello i need help with this problem:

i have a picture with a painted white brick wall. So you see all of the bricks. There is a shadow i want to remove from the wall. How do i do this?

I have tried the clone brush but then i get a wall with the bricks not in place anymore. 

Thanks

Michael 

Hello Mihcael and welcome to the Affinity forums🙂
Not sure if there is a minimum number of post you need to make before you can attach images here, but If you can post some screenshots or the image itself, it will be much easier for people to suggest what option you maybe have for removing the shadows.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

22 minutes ago, markw said:

Hello Mihcael and welcome to the Affinity forums🙂
Not sure if there is a minimum number of post you need to make before you can attach images here, but If you can post some screenshots or the image itself, it will be much easier for people to suggest what option you maybe have for removing the shadows.

DSC00595.JPG

• Staff
9 minutes ago, Michael I said:

This is the photo and i would like to remove the shadow on the left side. 

Thanks for that, please see my screen recording below showing how I would approach this using the Patch Tool, Colour Replacement Brush and a bit of InPainting - please do let me know if you have any questions :)

• Staff
On 7/31/2020 at 3:29 PM, Michael I said:

Got any suggestions for the shadows around these persons? I am thinking about inpainting or do you suggest something else? 

I tried creating a selection of the shadows and inpainting them, however it doesn't appear as though there's enough 'information' around the shadows to replace them cleanly.

I also tried using the Dodge tool to manually remove the shadows - this did work but left some white fringing around the edited areas.

I then tested using the Recolour Brush and HSL adjustments but these too did not match smoothly with your image.

Personally, I would remove the background from this image using the selection tools, then replace it with any background you want - as this will give you full control over artificial lighting, shadows, etc!

image.png