You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello!

My name is Mikołaj but you can call me Mik. I've been using affinity software since first release in 2014 for graphic design(any kind of user interface design and visual identity assets). 

Lately some idea popped in my head – I am using the same tools in the same way all the time, so to prevent some kind of stagnation I want to challenge myself to create different kind of artwork that I usually do.

Goal:

Creating artwork from scratch in a poster format using every tool that is available in the software.

I invite you to enjoy this journey with me. 

001.png

Graphic Designer + Web Developer

You can find me here: Behance / Dribbble / Instagram

On 7/21/2020 at 12:22 PM, gewoonm said:

Cool artwork! Very exciting 

would be nice to get some hint of the tools you’ve explored. Maybe a one-sentence underneath the work, that would make it easier to “go on the journey with you”

That's pretty nice idea but it would be hard to execute. Simply because I'm using many tools, adjustments, filters and so on. On top of that everything is in constant change. I think that I'm too lazy to describe every process but I might be able to prepare some tutorial that will show step by step what I'm using and how if you're interested. 

On 7/21/2020 at 12:32 PM, Fred Lespine said:

Very interesting experiments :)

Thanks!

I misunderstood, I thought you used one or two new techniques per painting, not many (I imagined a comment like “Tried our blend mode X, not the success I thought it was, much better luck with live filter Y for the clouds” per painting)

I’m running way behind on tutorials as it is, so only do the detailed instructions if it’s something you love to do out if others benefit from it :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 7:31 PM, gewoonm said:

I’m running way behind on tutorials as it is, so only do the detailed instructions if it’s something you love to do out if others benefit from it :)

Okay. I will do detailed step by step tutorial sooner or later. Creating these posters is fun and doing what I personally like gives my true freedom. There's huge difference between art and design. I'm trying not to love what I do in my everyday work. Personal attachment to any piece of design causes misjudgement which drives to unhappiness. 

On 8/4/2020 at 6:29 PM, Ann Ika said:

really cool work! reminds me a bit of the poster series of baugasm. Would be really cool if you keep posting more posters / or if you post them on instagram i would follow you :)

Baugasm was my main inspiration(you can find tutorial on skillshare) but I'm using different tools than in adobe illustrator. I like this style but Vasjen Katro(creator of baugasm) is not progressing as much as he did two years ago. Moreover I don't like to add same samples to artwork just to make it more busy. I don't want to stick to only one style. I want to experiment more, there will be much more diversity in my work. 

You can find me here https://www.instagram.com/mikkryger/