You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can’t process raw file of milk way photos

hi everyone 
I normally can get good files and pixel when i imported all photos to affinity but I found it yesterday day when I imported raw photos of milk way to affinity, it reduced my photos pixel to 120*160px only. I try to resize or convert to the original photo but it doesn’t work. Only I have to change my photo from raw to jpeg in photoshop app then I will allow to get good file in affinity.

how can I get good file after I import raw file of my milk way photos in affinity?

any custom setting that I have to set up ?

thank you help

72A69B4C-6017-48AC-982A-04F3677EF108.png

E863AB90-86EF-425C-A2EE-81E56CE9D637.png

8F505F4D-C6B4-4DFC-9234-219B88CE93D6.png

3 hours ago, Kiatkhajorn said:

any custom setting that I have to set up ?

No.
Supported Raw files would open in Develop mode. Perhaps you are loading only the jpg icon view? iPad may have offloaded  raw to iCloud to save space.
Have you confirmed that you Camera is supported by the Apple raw decoder? 

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• Staff

Hi Kiatkhajorn,

Welcome to the forums :)

In addition to what DM1 has wrote could you also tell me which RAW format you are working with and if possible provide a copy of the problem file?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

I am using Nikon D750. That day that I took milk way photos I recorded them as raw files Only and on the same day with the same camera and same setting I took the other things photos and recorded them as raw file only but only milk way photos that after I downloaded to affinity that will be blurry and have very less pixels and even I open them to the develop mode they are still blurry.  “ the other photos with RAW file only on my Nikon D750 have no problem to download and can see clear on affinity “

later on i change my camera settings to record all photos with Raw+jpg then affinity will can download and see clear photos.  

the photo above from my first posted is the result after I downloaded photos of milk way to affinity 

many thank 

1 hour ago, Kiatkhajorn said:

These are the problem files 

No they are not. The files are the actual raw image files you download from camera. You attach them by tapping the 'Click to choose files,' toward bottom left of post. Then navigate to folder where file resides, select and tap done. The original raw will then upload and be attached to your post so Callum can check it out for you. 🙂

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/