You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @signdesign. :)

21 minutes ago, signdesign said:

I was following along in a tutorial video and found that my 1.8 Affinity Designer did not have the Eraser tool.

The Erase Brush Tool is only available in the Pixel Persona.

21 minutes ago, signdesign said:

I've some other features the software does not have that was in the older version of the Designer. 

No Eraser tool.JPG

The Fill Tool should still be there unless you’ve customized the toolbar. Did you mean something else? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.3.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Nooooo. I've posted this image to show that the ERASE PIN TOOL is not where it's suppose to be. It's suppose to be there. The guy in the tutorial video was walking me thru the face design and was showing me how to lighten the rim. When he grabbed his Erase pin tool, that's when I realized I did not have it. I've looked at all the tools to use but I did not see the Eraser pin tool. I did not customize the tools that's displayed. Didn't delete any of them either as far as I know. Did the software designers decided the program didn't need the Eraser pin tool anymore in this 1.8 latest version?

I’ve never heard of the “Eraser pin tool” until now! Please post a link to the tutorial video.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.3.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I guess what I'm talking about is maybe what you haven't seen. I'm actually watching a tutorial video on a learning called Udemy.com

Here's another photo of it displaying that erase tool.  He may be using an older designer software. 

Erase Tool.JPG

Glad you sorted it and that you posted your solution for others to learn from.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.2 
Affinity Designer 2.3.1 | Affinity Photo 2.3.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.3.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

9 hours ago, signdesign said:

I don't have the pixel tool feature selected

10 hours ago, Alfred said:

The Erase Brush Tool is only available in the Pixel Persona.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.3.1.2217
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.2506.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.2506.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.