You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Save confirmation

When saving a document, export the same document afterwards and close the document, I'm ask for confirmation to close the document since AP is convinced it has been modified. Is there a reason for this? I don't see any option where exporting a document could have modified it?!

Cheers, Timo

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

Some export settings are saved within the document. For example, the file type (if different from the previously exported file type) so Export can default to that the next time.

Since the file contents have then been changed, you're prompted to save when you try to close it.

You can see this if you Save, then watch the History panel as you Export.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.5, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.5

Thanks Walt, for clarifying this ...

(But are you really convinced there is at least one setting that is saved from Affinity Photo? </ironie>)
OK, I played around a bit ... seems like the export format is saved with the file ... but not dimension or other export settings ... (as useful as a bookmark that remembers the first digit of a 3digit page number ;-) ) ... but of course that explains my initial question.

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com